Best of 2014
Oh my, didn’t this year go by quickly?! I’ve been taking some time out this week to reflect on what was an incredibly productive year and remembering a few of my favourite things…
Top 10 fabric finds
1. Boomerang beat barkcloth in black
10. Tiki barkcloth
Top 5 vintage sewing patterns
Here are my favourites from Saturday Special this year.
1. Vogue 7229 – I had been stalking this pattern for a while and finally came across a copy! It’s very Agent 99 (from Maxwell Smart)!
Top 5 most popular cushions
1. Vintage boomerangs barkcloth in yellow cushion – so glad I decided to back this one in yellow – it’s such a happy colour!
Top 5 albums
My favourite 2015 releases to sew to.
1. First Aid Kit – Stay Gold – these Swedish sisters carved a path to my heart pretty quickly!
2. Interpol – El Pintor – this one turned out to be a grower (and how could you go past a song about cruising in an Oldsmobile?).
3. Dum Dum Girls – Too True – sometimes you need a little bit of 80s-style pop.
4. Rob Snarski – Wounded Bird – the perfect Sunday afternoon record from the Blackeyed Susans’ songwriting maestro.
5. The Roots – …And Then You Shoot Your Cousin – yep, I sew on Saturday nights too!
Thanks for all your support in 2014. I hope your 2015 is everything you’d like it to be!
Entry filed under: Cushions, Fabrics, Inspiration, Pretty Things, Sewing patterns. Tags: 2014, abstract flowers barkcloth, best of 2014, boomerang barkcloth, boomerang beat barkcloth, boomerangs barkcloth cushion, Canadian moose stamp cushion, Dum Dum Girls, first aid kit, guitars and boomerangs cushion, interpol el pintor, japanese cherry blossoms stamp cushion, Japanese fabric, japanese ovals cotton, kokka blue flowers linen, new year's eve, orange kisu barkcloth, pin-up cowboys cushion, pink birds barkcloth, polar bears linen, rob snarski, simplicity 3927, simplicity 4083, simplicity 4609, Simplicity 8119, The Roots, tiki barkcloth, vintage barkcloth, vintage fabric, Vogue 7229.